Monday, September 13, 2010

Always kiss me goodnight

Always kiss me goodnight.

In our house, we've got a bedtime routine. Its not always perfect, and it doesn't always work out that way, but we definitely try. After supper Addisyn takes a bath, has a snack, teeth get brushed, stories get read, then its hugs and kisses, and goodnight. I know some don't believe in routine, some don't have time for it, but to us, it works.
The most important part for me is the kiss goodnight. I've been through too much in my life, I know that every breath we take could be our last and we should never take that forgranted. Almost every night I sneak into her room after she's gone to sleep, put her back rightways as she likes to turn herself sideways, cover her back over and kiss her goodnight. She may be on her way into the terrible two's, she may have me ripping my hair out, and keep me on my toes all day long, but she's still my little girl. I think its important bonding time even if she doesn't remember it.
Evalee, her routine isn't quite set yet. We still have nursing and that's a wonderful bonding experience. I nurse her to sleep on the couch, put her on my shoulder, I breathe her in, give her her kisses and lay her to sleep. I miss cosleeping, but cosleeping just doesn't work for us. She wakes every half an hour to feed and I can't blame her, if I had cheesecake under my nose I'd never sleep either lol
As for the hubby, I've always lived by the rule, never go to sleep angry or never leave angry. There is nothing worth going to bed angry over if you still want to be with that person. I read all the time of people passing away in their sleep and my biggest fear would be the last words I said were ones of anger. Same with leaving the house mad. I always tell Matt if we're kind before we leave, you'll always come home safe. No matter how mad you may think you are, always think, do I want those words to be the last I ever say?
So tonight, when you're tucking your little ones into bed, don't skip the kiss, breathe them in, they will never be this age again!
Shannon xo

No comments:

Post a Comment